Summer vacation is coming to an end, and many students are going back to school this month and next month. Your makeup for school shouldn’t be too dramatic. You want it to be very neutral looking, while still enhancing your natural beauty. Follow this quick and easy tutorial for a gorgeous neutral makeup look for school!
- Apply a foundation/tinted moisturizer if needed. Don’t apply too much, you don’t want your face to look cakey. Apply with a light hand and blend out evenly onto skin. Set foundation with a loose powder so that your face doesn’t look oily.
- Pick a light rosy pink or nice coral blush shade to apply onto the cheeks. Stay away from bright reds and pinks. An optional step is to contour your face with bronzer, and to apply a nice highlight to your cheekbones.
- Prime your eyelids with an eyeshadow primer to keep your eyeshadows staying vibrant all day. We recommend the Urban Decay EyeShadow Primer or Too Faced Shadow Insurance. Use an eyeshadow palette that consists of very neutral brown tones. A very popular palette that has many great colors for everday wear is the Urban Decay Naked Palette. Apply a light champagne color to the eyelids, a medium brown to the crease, and a light cream color to the browbone as well as the inner tearduct. Blend all the colors out to a smooth finish.
- Using a liquid or gel eyeliner, apply a very thin layer to your upper lash line, staying as close to your lashes as you can. This will give the illusion of fuller lashes. If you usually wear eyeliner on your bottom waterline, use a creamy long-lasting black eyeliner pencil to apply that. This step does make your eyes look much darker and defined though, so if you don’t like the look of that, feel free to skip this step.
- The most important step to really intensifying your eyes is to curl them using an eyelash curler and to apply mascara. Curling your lashes is a very quick and crucial step because it lengthens your lashes, and keeps a hold better when applying mascara. Drugstore mascaras are great for really voluminizing and lengthening your lashes, plus they’ll save you money in the long run.
- Apply a lip balm or chapstick to your lips so that they are moisturized and smooth. You can then apply a nude pink lipstick, or just go ahead and apply a lipgloss instead. Stay away from very bold colors, stick with the nudes and light pinks.
Lastly, if you really want your entire makeup look to stay all day, spritz a makeup setting spray all over your face. And then your done! You shouldn’t need take too much time on your makeup in the morning, and this routine is very quick and simple for everyday.