Black eyeliner is great for the upper and lower lashline, waterline, and tightline if you really want to define your eyes. However, the staying power of most eyeliners aren’t too great and usually don’t stay on all day. They smudge, crease, and fade. We have a tip for those who experience this problem a lot with eyeliner.
1. First of all, you want to apply an eyelid primer. Blend that throughout the whole lid, making sure you get it close the upper lash line. Also bring it down and blend it around your lower lashline.
2. For lining your upper lash line, you definitely want to use a liquid or gel liner as opposed to a pencil/crayon liner. It will stay on a lot longer and their better for creating a precise line.
3. For your lower lash line, you can use a regular pencil liner. But if you really want a more blacker pigmentation and a longer lasting application, take your pencil liner and dip it into gel liner. Then apply that liner to your waterline or lower lash line.
4. Once you have applied your eyeliner, that is usually the last step for you. However, if you really want it to stay on even longer you’ll want to follow this next step.
6. Take a matte black eyeshadow, such as “Carbon” from MAC. Using a very thin angled brush (similar to one you would use for gel liner), take that eyeshadow and apply it over your eyeliner. This will set the eyeliner and keep it from smudging and fading. This concept is similar to applying powder over a liquid foundation.
If you follow these quick and easy steps, your eyeliner should stay on all day without smudging, creasing, or fading!