When it comes to makeup, most people think of mascara, blush, lipstick, etc but an important essential that doesn’t usually come to mind are brushes! Brushes are very crucial when it comes to makeup, because without them you wouldn’t be able to apply on makeup as easily. Using your fingers could solve that problem sometimes, but we all know that in the end, we’re all going to need brushes when it comes to makeup. The makeup brushes you choose to use can really affect how your makeup will turn out. There are billions of different brush sizes and types, but you really only need a few essentials!
- Foundation brush: If you are one to wear foundation or tinted moisturizer, you know it’s very important that you have a good brush to apply it with. You want to use a round, flat-tipped brush. The shape of this brush makes buffing makeup onto your skin easy, and will leave you with a flawless finish! You want to buff the foundation onto your skin using circular motions which will really cover pores and any other imperfections.
- Powder brush: If you have oily skin, you know applying a powder over your foundation is a highly-recommended step. Use a soft, round brush for dusting powder onto the face. Brush lightly over the skin, making sure not to pack on too much.
- Blush/bronzer brush: Use a soft, dome-sized brush that consists of long bristles so it won’t irritate the skin. To use this brush, sweep your brush/blonzer upwards towards your cheekbones. This is great for giving a nice glow and more color to your skin.
- Eyeshadow brush: To apply allover color to your eyelids, you want to use a small, dense, flat brush. Using this kind of brush will ensure that all the eyeshadow applies evenly onto the lids.
- Eye blending brush: When applying deeper colors into the crease, you want to use a fluffy, soft brush. Start the brush starting from the outer crease, working you way inwards. Blending brushes really ensure a smooth finish without any harsh lines.
- Eyeliner/brow brush: If you apply gel eyeliner to your upper lash line, or you fill in your brows, it’s best to use a small, angled brush. It’s multi-purpose and works great for precision purposes!
Those are the main essential brushes that you should own for your makeup. Of course, theirs many other brushes such as lip brushes, spoolie brushes, pencil brushes, etc but those are completely optional.